Updates


Article: "Farewell, friends, be well, students"... First funerals for student and teacher victims proceed

Source: Newsis via Naver

The father of a 35 year old male teacher said, "I love you, my son. Farewell, son. I'm proud of you. You are honorable, my child."

The father of a 26 year old female teacher revealed that it had been her birthday on the day of the accident. "Her students gave her a surprise birthday party on the ferry. Chowon-ah, Chowon-ah....."

-

1. [+6,722, -50] Breaks my heart...

2. [+5,282, -62] What a sad day today

3. [+4,703, -110] Sorry, children... for being an adult who couldn't do anything to help.

4. [+4,181, -30] Be in a better place...

5. [+912, -6] The students had a surprise birthday party for their 26 year old teacher... What a joyous occasion that must've been.

-

Article: Majority of deaths discovered on the 4th floor cabins and 3rd floor rest areas... deaths total to 105 so far

Source:
Nate

1. [+425, -23] We lost Korea's future

2. [+416, -7] I didn't think we'd lose so many lives.. I had a small amount of hope still left in me. How upsetting... They all had dreams and lives, lives that didn't even get to fully bloom before wilting. Rest in peace.. Find strength to the afmilies.

3. [+326, -7] A long week has passed by. Children, in the cold waters without any light... how long you must've waited for the country to save you ㅠㅠ I couldn't do anything except pray while waiting for news on the TV. We don't ask for hope anymore... but for them to be returned to their families.

-

Source:
Naver

1. [+1,176, -65] The number keeps going up in the blink of an eye... I don't want it to go up anymore... This never would've happened if matters were handled properly from the start. I'm so sorry... that I can't do anything.

2. [+1,032, 29] I saw on a French broadcast report about the body of a student that was discovered with a tight fist... Turns out that the student was holding on to his ID. Must've been scared that his parents wouldn't be able to find him... man.....

3. [+834, -20] I expected this to happen but what a cruel day it is today

4. [+784, -70] What are we going to do if all of the missing are found to be dead... Please, just one...

5. [+115, -5] Captain, do you see what you've done? If only you had told all of them to come up to the deck, this wouldn't have happened...

-


Article:
Helmsman "Strange people... I am confident" unashamed

Source:
TV Daily via Nate

Helmsman who abandoned the passengers and escaped the ferry immediately after the accident said, "The captain told us to escape so the ten of us escaped through the portside. I didn't see who escaped first but I think I was the 7th or 8th person to escape. He ordered for us to escape."

When asked if the passengers received the same orders, "The chief mate was given orders and it's his job to contact the broadcasting room to make the announcement but I don't know the exact process."

When asked if crew are supposed to leave immediately when ordered to by the captain, he said, "According to the manual, you're supposed to save the old, weak, and the children first. As soon as orders are given, crewmen are supposed to make sure that all of the passengers have escaped, make another round with the captain to make sure again before getting off, and the captain is then supposed to make a final check to see if anyone is still on board before getting off last."

When asked why he didn't follow the manual then, he said, "How could I follow the manual in that situation? How could I make it to the cabins? You people are so strange. Who is going to broadcast this on TV? See, none of you are replying. I'll stand up confidently so release this on broadcast as is."

-

1. [+2,468, -43] Wow... are you human? He said he's confident, why mosaic his face? I get that he was scared for his life and ran away but in a situation like this, he should've just said sorry and stayed quiet.

2. [+2,100, -48] So what he's basically saying is screw the manual, my life is more important so I'm going to escape first. Selfish...

3. [+1,890, -48] How are your parents doing, helmsman? Are they able to sleep soundly knowing that they have a kid like you? Are they clapping happily that their son is back alive? Astounding how those words can come out of his mouth after surviving and leaving behind so many people...

4. [+94, -1] He's not a human being, why mosaic his face? He's not human, why give him any rights?

5. [+83, -1] I want to sell his soul to give one victim back his life

6. [+77, -1] You murderous fool, there are instances of entire ferries being saved by following that manual. Over 200 are dead right now and you're still confident?

7. [+53, -1] I get it. Your life was in danger and you were scared. You were greedy and ran away. But couldn't you have warned the passengers of the dangers? No one's hating you for surviving... just asking you to have done the bare minimum for your age. No one asked you to carry the children on your back... just make sure that the broadcast was sent out properly.

-




Article: Strengthless... sad.... Korea's heart filled with sorrow

Source:
Yonhap News via Naver

1. [+10,891, -245] The entire country is depressed... is there really no miracle...

2. [+8,959, -172] The fact that I can't even do anything is what makes me mad

3. [+6,776, -156] We can't do anything... I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

4. [+5,634, -106] There is no hope or miracles. It's a tragedy, only sadness that is left.

5. [+1,645, -27] What makes me mad is that it didn't have to end so tragically..

6. [+1,404, -47] When god made language, he named a wife who lost her husband a 'kwabu', a husband who lost his wife a 'horabi', and a child who lost his parents a 'goa'... but because the pain of a parent losing his child is so great, god was unable to come up with any name for him at all.

-